Terms and Conditions
- A Peak 5% Surcharge is applied to all public holidays, school & summer holidays & large events in Rotorua.
- We are not a venue as such, just accommodation, but respectful socializing for staying guests is welcome until 10pm. STAG/Hens/Kids & Adults Birthdays/Drinking – add 10% Cleaning Surcharge+$200 noise bond.
- Extra day visitors must be first requested, and should leave before 6pm. If you’d like to include them in your social activities here, they must request and pay the same accommodation charges as guests of our facilities.
- Renter must sign credit card for any extra charges; damages/losses/collection costs/noise bond/extra cleans.
- Several quotes may be out at any one time, and we are listed on automatic booking sites, so all bookings are taken on a ‘first-deposit, first confirm’ basis. We do not ‘pencil’ or ‘hold’ temp bookings sorry, it’s just too messy.
- All direct bookings require a 10% non-refundable deposit to confirm, a further progress payment, plus the balance is due several days before you arrive – all payments due become non-refundable. Payments can be made by cash, bank transfer, or Visa/Mastercard by supplying number, expiry date, name on card, and your full contact details. For cancellations or no-shows the amounts above will be charged to the credit card supplied.
- Bookings through secondary websites often have stricter non-refundable payment requirements.
- COVID – All direct bookings are transferable or refundable if Covid mandates prevent travel.
- We will email your Confirmation back to you with Directions and House Rules. **Your booking is not definite until you get a CONFIRMATION email back!!**
- Check-in is normally after 3:15pm and check-out is 10am, unless otherwise arranged. We are an active, outdoorsy family, so you MUST let us know your check-in time to leave a key out for you – we are often out.
- Please be honest – understating guest numbers who stay is liable for termination of your stay with no refunds.
- We are a NIL DRUGS/Gang Affiliates & NON SMOKING farm. Do NOT smoke indoors or near host or other guest’s facilities – if you must outside, make sure your waft isn’t too close, and put all butts in bins.
- All day visitors must abide by the same Terms & Conditions, ie not smoking indoors, quiet, respect, and non-interruption of other guest’s and neighbor’s peaceful enjoyment.
- Respectful Pets are most welcome, but you must request and follow the Pet Rules (ie no free-running indoors), so we do have baby gates for the lounge, and the outdoor areas of self-contained units are fenced to 900mm high.
- There is a minimum 2 night rent for both buildings most times of the year, but 3-4 minimum night rent on public holiday periods. Minimum person-charges depend on the period and the booking – IE for drinking or socialising, both buildings must be booked together, with a minimum 12-person charge.
- The deposit & balances due are non-refundable, unless Covid mandates prevent travel.
- The Holiday Homes are self-catering, which means you bring your own food. We supply the first rolls of toilet paper and bath soap, some basic herbs & spices, and some complimentary tea and coffee. Please bring your own bulk supplies. We provide free farm eggs IF our chickens are laying (not normally in winter).
- We supply all bedding plus a clean towel for each guest at the beginning of your stay. A washing machine & dryer is provided to wash towels or clothing during your stay in the Cottage.
- We wash all linen at the end (please leave bedding alone) and service the bathroom. You are expected to tidy the kitchen, remove rubbish & clean BBQ, before check out.
- The House Rules and 10pm noise restriction, even for STAG/HENS, must be obeyed.
- Any damages, losses or excess cleanup fees will be charged to the credit card supplied.
Bed & Breakfast / Tiny House
- Single night stays are welcome in the Main Lodge, but the Tiny House has a 2-night minimum (Rotorua is ideally a 3-night destination due to the huge number of local attractions!)
- The deposit & balances due are non-refundable, unless Covid mandates prevent travel.
- For the Bed & Breakfast, we supply a full continental spread in the Lodge, and continental provisions in the Tiny House for your prep: Milk, hot drinks, juice, yogurt, fruit, toast, spreads.
- Long-stay discounts in the Tiny House for 7 days+ only include the first 2 days of breakfast.
- There are kitchen facilities to prepare your own meals during the day if you wish (around our own family cooking times in the Main Lodge).
- There are unlimited tea & coffee supplies, either in your room or in the main kitchen.
- There is a wee fridge in the King & Twin rooms with kettle and tea/coffee making facilities.
- The Tiny House has a full kitchen including oven and dishwasher, and fridge/freezer space.
- All linen is provided along with a towel for all guests. Fresh towels are supplied as you need and we only do a full service after you leave.
- Free Farm Tours can be arranged in the evenings to suit – remember this is also a working farm, so don’t be alarmed if our kids point out a mature beast that is destined for the freezer!
Socialising/Alcohol & Noises
- The Bed & Breakfast facilities expect reasonable quiet between 8pm and 8am so all guests can sleep.
- We do have families with young children over the fences, so please consider them at all times.
- A drink with dinner is more than welcome, with no extra charges. Any Birthday groups are per below;
- Respectful socializing or drinking is allowed in the Cottages if you have booked both. No loud parties.
- You must have a nominated supervisor (21yrs+) in charge to guarantee the $200 noise bond.
- This supervisor must also provide their cellphone# to receive/rectify any noise complaints immediately.
- Extra day visitors are not included in your socializing unless they have booked and paid as guests.
- We encourage you to START EARLY and do the fun stuff before 10pm – eg an afternoon BBQ and games on the lawn is great, but music must die down by 10pm sharp (go to clubs in town).
- You are even welcome to invite strippers or arrange other activities as long as you check in with us prior, they are before 10pm, and the dance/music/cheering squad is INSIDE with doors closed.
- Noise must be down and INDOORS by 10pm with doors/windows closed. This includes NO SPA or outside deck socializing after 10pm, as people forget how loud conversations get when you are having fun.
- Do not bring your own stereos, and our stereos/boombox must remain in place inside at all times.
- There must be NO screaming, swearing or foul language outside at any time.
- Disorderly behavior, outdoor yahooing/yelling or loud music will not be tolerated – we reserve the right to remove any guests if a warning has not been respected and/or charge for any damages/costs incurred, with no refund of your rental price or noise bond.
- Complete quiet by midnight or I turn into an evil witch.
- Any sick anywhere on the property, including lawns, carpets or bedding, must be IMMEDIATELY cleaned with warm soapy water!! Anything that remains, including any smells, colour fading or damage to property, you will be charged for full replacement costs; even if one areat on the carpet, the whole carpet may need replacing.
- If you have only booked ONE building, there must be complete quiet by 8pm, as children in the other building will be heading to sleep. We recommend you ask ahead for a suitable property if doing any drinking at all.
PLEASE ASK FIRST, IF YOU CAN BRING A PET! Respectful pets are welcome at Arias Farm as long as bigger dogs stay outside (or on the kitchen lino in winter/sleeping), are used to other guests, and behave. Dogs/Cats are NOT ALLOWED TO FREE RUN INSIDE THE COTTAGES. For cats, small lap dogs and house dogs, this can be a challenge – please set up the baby gate provided to restrict bedroom access, and bring your own sheets to cover the furniture in the lounge if they will jump on it. We simply can’t have animal hairs on carpet or bedding, for future guest’s cleanliness and allergies.
Before you come: Clip their nails so they leave no scratch marks or pulls in any material, and worm and de-flea.
- Bring own bedding, cage and/or leash, plus sheeting to cover any of our furniture they may get on.
While you’re here;
- Pet owner to provide separate visa/mastercard and sign as bond for any damages/extra cleaning
- All droppings must be immediately cleaned up and put in the outside bin or extra cleanup charges will apply.
- The Cottage and Cabin have separate fully fenced grounds to 900mm high, and Tiny House will be fenced by Dec.
- During the day, dogs should remain in the fenced areas, or on a leash if outside these, due to animals around.
- The Cottage has a covered carport, Cabin has a covered Verandah, Tiny House has an enclosed Deck.
- Dogs can be run on the immediate grounds under supervision. The main road is a long way up the drive (at least 150 metres), and the animals are usually fenced, so it’s pretty safe as long as your dog doesn’t attack animals.
- Absolutely no repeat barking at hosts or other guests, and especially no barking at night or when you are out!
- At night doggy can sleep on the kitchen lino, as long as he/she doesn’t sneak to the bedrooms (Cabin & Cottage have baby gates) when you go to bed. You must cover the couch & furniture with your own pet sheets.
- There’s a great run area in the lower Redwoods for dogs, where they are welcome to be let off the leash for a run.
When you leave;
- Wipe any doggy drool off chair legs, floors and windows. Pick up ALL lawn poos.
- Vacuum especially well and sweep outside porch areas to remove all hairs; the next guests might be allergic to dogs!
- Let us know ANY DAMAGE your pet has made – we will try to find the cheapest quote for repairing any damages.
We look forward to meeting you and helping make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Cheers for now, Kerris & Chris Browne – email: email@example.com, cell 021 753 691