Terms and Conditions
- A High Demand 5% Surcharge is applied to all public holidays, school & summer holidays & large events in Rotorua.
- STAG Do/Hens/Birthday/Parties/any alcoholic consumption incurs a 15% surcharge + double bond.
- Renter must sign credit card for extra charges incurred eg bond, cleaning, damages/losses, collection costs.
- Several quotes may be out at any one time, but all bookings are taken on a ‘first-deposit, first confirm’ basis. We do not ‘pencil in’ or ‘hold’ temporary bookings sorry, as it’s just too messy.
- All direct bookings require a 20% non-refundable deposit to confirm, a further 30% 21 days prior your stay, plus the balance is due 48 hours before you arrive – all payments due become non-refundable. Payments can be made by cash, bank transfer, or Visa/Mastercard by supplying number, expiry date, name on card, and your full contact details. For security, you can split your card details between two emails, text to 021 753 691, or fax to +64 7 3480841. For cancellations or no-shows the amounts above will be charged to the credit card supplied.
- Bookings through secondary websites often have stricter non-refundable payment requirements.
- We will email your Confirmation back to you with Directions and Holiday Homes House Rules. **Your booking is not definite until you get a CONFIRMATION email back!!**
- Check-in is normally after 3:15pm and check-out is 10am, unless otherwise arranged. We are an active, outdoorsy family, so you MUST let us know your check-in time to leave a key out for you – we are often out.
- We are a NIL DRUGS and NON SMOKING farm, do NOT smoke indoors – if you must outside, put all butts in bins!
- Your booking is taken only on the understanding that you accept the following: Any damages at full replacement cost, lost fixtures or fittings, excess rubbish, extra cleaning at $50 per hour, loss of bond due to non-compliance of T&C, other losses or extra costs incurred, cancellation fees, including all collection costs on unpaid charges, are payable by the renter, signed by and accepted to the credit card presented.
- Pets are welcome, but you must follow the Doggie Rules and keep them off all carpet & furniture (ie outdoors).
- Credit card processing is only done monthly, so there may be several weeks delay until the final payment shows on your statement. The name Peterson Portable Sawmills may show on your statement, as we use the same processing account as our export company.
Holiday Homes only
- There is a minimum 2 night rent for both buildings most times of the year, but 3-4 minimum night rent on public holiday periods. Minimum person-charges depend on the period and the booking – IE for alcoholic socialising, both buildings must be booked together, with a minimum 12-person charge.
- The deposit, progress payment, and balance are non-refundable.
- The Holiday Homes are self-catering, which means you bring your own food. We supply the first rolls of toilet paper and a bath soap, some basic herbs & spices, and some complimentary tea and coffee. Please bring your own bulk supplies. In Summer we offer free farm eggs.
- We supply all bedding plus a clean towel for each guest at the beginning of your stay. A washing machine & dryer is provided to wash towels or clothing during your stay in the Cottage.
- We wash all linen at the end (please leave bedding alone), and service the bathroom. You are expected to tidy the kitchen, remove rubbish & vacuum, before check out.
- The House Rules and 10pm noise restriction, even for STAG/HENS, must be obeyed.
- Any damages, losses or excess cleanup fees will be charged to the credit card supplied.
Bed & Breakfast only
- Single night stays are welcome in the Bed & Breakfast, however we suggest that Rotorua is ideally a 3-night destination due to the huge number of local attractions!
- The deposit, progress payment, and balance are non-refundable.
- For the Bed & Breakfast, we supply a full continental spread at your leisure in the Lodge – you will just need to get the fruit, yogurt, and cold drinks from the fridge when you are ready.
- Subject to availability and extra cost, there may also be hot poached eggs at pre-set times.
- There are also kitchen facilities to prepare your own meals during the day if you wish, around our own family cooking times.
- There are unlimited tea & coffee supplies, either in your room or in the main kitchen.
- There is a wee fridge in your room with kettle.
- Fresh towels are supplied as you need, but we only do a full service of the rooms after you leave (ie you will have to make your own beds daily).
- Free Farm Tours can be arranged in the evenings to suit – remember this is also a working farm, so don’t be alarmed if our kids point out a mature beast that is destined for the freezer!
Socialising/Alcohol & Noise Rules
- Mature socializing or alcoholic beverages are welcome if you have booked both properties.
- We do have families with young children over the fence, so please consider them at all times.
- For any alcohol on premises, you must have a nominated supervisor in charge who has guaranteed the bond.
- There must be NO swearing, profanities or foul language at any time – respect our neighborhood children.
- Disorderly behavior, outdoor yahooing/yelling or loud music outside will not be tolerated – our neighbors still need their peace and quiet. We reserve the right to remove any guests if a warning has not been respected/observed and charge for any damages/costs incurred, with no refund of your rental price.
- Therefore we encourage you to START EARLY and keep the music/noise indoors after 10pm – eg an afternoon BBQ and games on the lawn is great, but music must die down at 10pm (ie go to clubs in town).
- You are even welcome to invite strippers or arrange other activities as long as you check in with us prior, they are before 10pm, and the dance/music/cheering squad is INSIDE with doors closed.
- Noise must be down and INDOORS by 10pm with doors/windows closed. This includes NO SPA or outside deck socializing after 10pm, as people forget how loud conversations get when you are having fun.
- Complete quiet by midnight or I turn into an evil witch.
- If you have only booked ONE building, there must be complete quiet by 8pm, as children in the other building will be heading to sleep. We recommend you book both properties if doing any drinking at all.
- Any sick anywhere on the property, including lawns, carpets or bedding, must be IMMEDIATELY cleaned with warm soapy water!! Anything that remains, including any smells, colour fading or damage to property, you will be charged for full replacement costs; even if one spot on the carpet, the whole carpet may need replacing.
PLEASE ASK FIRST, IF YOU CAN BRING A PET!
- Dogs are welcome at Arias Farm as long as they stay outside (or on the kitchen lino in winter), are used to other guests, and behave themselves when run (like leave us and our animals alone and stay in your area).
- Dogs/Cats are NOT ALLOWED TO RUN INSIDE THE COTTAGES or free-range on the property, and must be contained with leash or cage.
- For cats, small lap dogs and house dogs, this can be a challenge, so you do need to understand they must remained caged or tethered under the carport or on the kitchen lino if let inside. We simply cannot have animal hairs on carpet or bedding, for future guest’s cleanliness and any allergies.
Before you come:
- A week prior, clip their nails so they leave no scratch marks.
- Just prior coming, worm and de-flea your dog.
- Bring own bedding, cage and/or leash.
While you’re here;
- All droppings must be immediately cleaned up and put in the outside bin.
- During the day, dogs should remain on a leash outdoors when unsupervised
- For the Cottage, dogster can stay under the Carport
- For the Cabin, dogmeister can stay under the covered Verandah
- Dogs can be run on the immediate grounds under supervision. The main road is a long way up the drive (at least 150 metres), and the animals are fenced off, so it’s pretty safe. Just be aware of other guests in the adjoining building, so make sure your pooch doesn’t take over ;-))
- The bottom paddock is fully fenced for larger dogs to run in, and there is a shed down there that they can sleep in.
- Absolutely no repeat barking at other guests or us, and especially no barking at night or when you are out!
- At night doggy can sleep on the kitchen lino, as long as he/she doesn’t sneak to the carpet or couch when you go to bed. Tuck pooch’s lead end into door frame, to contain him/her inside.
- There’s a great run area in the lower Redwoods for dogs, where they are welcome to be let off the leash for a good forest exploration.
When you leave;
- Wipe any doggy drool off chair legs, floors and windows.
- Vacuum especially well and remove all hairs; the next guests might be allergic to dogs!
- Let us know ANY DAMAGE your pet may have made – we will endeavor to find the cheapest quote for replacing any damaged items, and you will be expected to reimburse us.
We look forward to meeting you and helping make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Cheers for now,
Kerris & Chris & Aria & Javier Browne – email: firstname.lastname@example.org, cell +64 21 753 691